Personalized Leather Tack: Breast Collars - Headstalls & Bridles - Reins - Create Your Own Tack!
|View Larger Image|
This unique safety release trailer tie will release the horse when 60-80 lbs of pressure is applied to the safety connection. It keeps your horse, your trailer and yourself safe during travel. Ideal for teaching horses to tie and for horses in transit. The simple design easily adjusts to keep your horse in position. Unique adjustable tension release system "breaks" when under pressure and then the components simply snap back together for a lifetime of use.
The Cut Heal - Safety Release Trailer Tie is constructed of strong braided nylon rope with stainless steel hardware. It features a heavy-duty carabiner-style quick clip to attach to trailer and a quick bolt clip to attach to your horse's halter. The rope adjuster easily alters the slack between your horse and the trailer to suit your needs and help train your horse to tie. It measures 4-feet long overall, is 5/8" in diameter, and adjusts 8" to 36" in rope length.
- Attach the Carabiner Quick Snap Clip to the trailer.
- Attach the Quick Snap Bolt Clip to the horse halter.
- Adjust the Nylon Rope to the correct length. It should have enough slack between the trailer and your horse to permit some head movement, but also be tight enough to release if your horse should fall.
- Adjust the safety mechanism on the Tension Release to the appropriate setting. The mechanism easily adjusts via a Black Bar. Simply slide the Black Bar in the direction of the corresponding "L" (Lower Tension) or "H" (Higher Tension).
- NOTE: "L" releases at approximately 60 lbs of pressure; "H" releases at approximately 80 lbs of pressure. As a guide, use "L" when tying your horse inside of the trailer, and "H" when tying your horse outside of the trailer.